Risks & Safety Information
Tummy Tuck Risks & Safety Information
The decision to have tummy tuck surgery is extremely personal and you’ll have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential abdominoplasty complications are acceptable.
Dr. Spindel or staff will explain in detail potential tummy tuck risks and complications. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure you will undergo and any risks or potential complications that could possibly occur.
Possible abdominoplasty risks include:
- Possible Infection
- Skin loss
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Skin discoloration and/or prolonged swelling
- Recurrence of port elasticity in skin
- Persistent pain
- Major swelling in the legs
- Slight nerve damage
- Possibility of scar revision surgery